Re-opening on 2 July 2020
Nikkei Bar & Restaurant will be re-opening on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 2 July 2020 with reservations required for restaurant dining.
Under the current restrictions with limited capacity, only our set menu is available. Bookings are available for a 6.00pm or 8.15pm sitting for our set menu. The bar is open for walk-ins from 5pm.
Booking terms & conditions
All bookings will be limited to a 2-hour sitting. We will be able to accommodate limited dietary requirements – please let us know at the time of booking if you have any dietary requirements.
A credit card will be requested upon booking to secure your reservation. In the instance of a cancellation with less than 48 hours notice, your card will be charged $40 per person; for no-shows, your card will be charged $80 per person booked.
If you are running late for your reservation, please call the restaurant as soon as possible as we can only hold tables for 15 minutes.
Under the current restrictions, we can take a maximum booking size of 10 guests. Please note for groups with 6 or more guests, a 10% service charge applies to the final bill as a gratuity for the staff serving your group.
COVID-19 entry conditions
Under the current government restrictions and as per our COVID Safety Plan to keep our staff and guests safe, below are our entry conditions:
– Please stay home if you are not feeling well or are showing any symptoms of illness. If you become ill, please contact us on +61 2 8880 9942 to cancel your booking with as much notice as possible.
– Our menus, trading hours, seating arrangements and booking terms & conditions have changed somewhat to accommodate current government restrictions and to keep us all safe & healthy. Please respect what our staff communicate to you about seating times and other booking conditions.
– For walk-in customers, we are required to record your full name and mobile or email for contact tracing purposes. We will request this information before we seat you in the venue.
– As per government guidance, please try to maintain physical distancing by keeping at least 1.5 metres distance from our staff and other groups in the venue whenever possible.
– Food and drink can only be consumed by seated customers. We are currently not utilising our counter and bartop seating.
– We have sanitation and disinfecting procedures in the venue for all tables, counters, chairs, door handles, EFTPOS terminals and other commonly touched surfaces and touchpoints.
– We have hand sanitiser available for use at the front entry and handwash available in the bathrooms – please use these to hygienically clean your hands while you are in the venue.
– If anyone in the venue is showing symptoms of illness, they will be requested to leave. We request your immediate compliance as we cannot risk the health and safety of our staff and other guests in the venue.
Thank you for your understanding and support.